- Chicken Fillet1 large
- Garlic3 cloves
- Onions1 Medium
- Chilli Pepper1 Tablespoons
- Crushed Black Pepper1/2 Teaspoons
- Green Bell Pepper1 Medium
- Red Bell Pepper1 medium
- Carrots2-3 large
- Thyme1/2 Teaspoons
- Blended Sesame Oil1/2 Cooking SpoonsYou can get this and other ingredients at any major supermarket if you live in Nigeria
- Dark Soy Sauce1/2 Cooking Spoons
- Oyster Sauce1 Cooking Spoons
- Seasoning Cubes2 Cubes
- Corn Starch2 Tablespoons
- SaltTo taste
- Vegetable Oil2 Tablespoons
- Basmati / Long Grain Rice1 CupsCooked. To serve with the sauce
1. Wash chicken fillet properly.
2. Cut the chicken fillet in long strips or julienned.
3. Season with 1/2 part onions, 1/2 part seasoning cube, 1/2 part garlic, 1/2 part chilli and black pepper, thyme and salt to taste.
4. Set on medium heat and bring to a boil. Be careful not to overcook it as chicken fillets are boneless and soft and can easily dry out if overcooked.
5. Julienne carrots, green bell pepper and red bell pepper (cut in long strips).
6. Chop and mince the remaining onions and garlic.
7. Heat up 1/4 part vegetable oil in a wok and lightly saute the chicken fillet until golden brown.
8. Saute onion and garlic in another wok with the remaining oil.
9. Add in carrots and saute for 1 minute to remove the crunch.
10. Stir in stock from the chicken and add more water if needed.
11. Add remaining chilli pepper, black pepper, thyme, seasoning cube and salt.
12. Add sesame oil, soy sauce and oyster sauce and leave to simmer for 2 minutes.
13. Add corn starch in water to form a light paste.
14. Add the sauteed chicken fillet and corn starch to the wok pan, at this point you will notice the sauce begins to thicken.
15. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
16. Lastly add the bell peppers and carrot, remove from heat.
Serve with rice immediately.
Viola your homemade chinese sauce is ready!
You can serve this with either pasta or noodles.
If you don't have red bell pepper, substitute using tatashe (chilli pepper).
If using light soy, double the measurement.
Chicken fillet is tantamount to chicken breast, difference is that fillet is boneless while breast has soft bone.