- Beef500 GramsOr any quantity you want
- Beef Stock1/2 to 1 Cups
- Onions1 Medium Pieces
- Pepper8 PiecesI used a mix of yellow habanero and red chilli pepper. If you want it really spicy, substitute the chillies with scotch bonnet pepper
- Tomato1 Large Pieces
- Paprika1/2 TeaspoonsSubstitute with chilli powder
- Onion Powder1 Teaspoons
- Curry Powder1/2 to 1 Tablespoons
- Garlic Powder1 Teaspoons
- Tomato Paste1 Tablespoons
- Salt And Bouillon / Seasoning CubesTo taste
- Vegetable Oil1/4 to 1/2 CupsFor frying
- Pancake Ingredients2.5 Cups Flour, 1.5 Tablespoons Powdered Milk (Dissolve in about 3 to 4 cups of water), 1/2 cups Sugar, 1 Large egg or 2 small eggs, Vegetable Oil for frying
If you love the combination of spicy and sweet, try this out. I used the same pancake recipe that I used in this pancake recipe . These pancakes were incredibly thin and light and were more like crepes. If you would like a thicker, savoury pancake that would also pair well with the beef sauce, you can use this pancake recipe instead.
Straight to the spicy beef sauce recipe.
Spicy Beef Sauce Recipe
This spicy beef sauce comes out really spicy, especially if you use scotch bonnet. If spicy isn’t your thing, just use less peppers and more tomatoes. You can skip the tomato paste if you end up using more tomatoes.
Step 1. Wash the beef thoroughly, add water to a pot and let it boil for about 10 minutes. Bring down the beef, drain the water. Season the beef with a little onions, salt and seasoning cubes, curry powder, chilli powder and thyme. Add fresh water to the beef and boil the beef until soft. Be sure to set aside some stock for later user. Chop the cooked beef into smaller bits. Set aside.
Step 2. While the beef is boiling, chop the onions, rough blend the peppers and tomato together.
Step 3. Add vegetable oil to a pot, heat up, add the sliced onions. Let it fry for about 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
Step 4. Add the tomato paste, stir and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 5. Add the blended tomato and peppers, stir and let it cook for about 3 minutes, then season with salt and bouillon / seasoning cubes to taste, curry powder, paprika or chilli powder, onion powder and garlic powder.
Step 6. Let it cook for about 4 minutes then add the beef and beef stock. Let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the sauce is done.
Your Beef Sauce is ready. Serve with pancakes, rice, pasta, plantain or yam.
For fluffy pancakes, check out this Fluffy Pancake Recipe