- Pipe Rigate Pasta200 Grams
- Chilli Pepper4 Pieces
- Dried Chilli pepper4 Pieces
- Tomato1 Pieces
- Tomato paste2 Tablespoons
- Ground Smoked Shrimps1.5 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil5 Tablespoonsor more
- Salt And Bouillon / Seasoning CubesTo taste
- Onion1Small sized or half of a medium sized bulb
- Butter1/2 Tablespoons
- Curry Powder1/2 Tablespoons
How to make Spicy Pipe Rigate
1. Blend the peppers and tomato. You can do a smooth blend but preferably a rough blend.
2. Chop the onion into small pieces and set aside. Transfer the blended peppers and tomato into a pot, add the tomato paste and ground smoked shrimps and steam for until the water has completely dried off.
3. Boil the pipe rigate pasta according to pack instructions until it is soft and cooked. Drain off any excess water. Be sure to add a little oil when boiling to prevent it from sticking together.
4. Add olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of butter to a pot and heat until the butter has melted. Add the onions and saute for 3 minutes, then add the steamed peppers, tomatoes and smoked shrimps. Season with salt and/or bouillon cube to taste, curry powder and leave it to cook for about 10 minutes (stir occasionally). Add the boiled pasta.
5. Stir thoroughly to make sure the pasta is covered in the sauce, leave it to simmer for another 3 minutes. Stir occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
Serve with any beverage of your choice.
If you want it extra spicy, add more peppers.
If you don't have pipe rigate, you can substitute with any other pasta.