- Basmati Rice2 Cups
- Large Tomatoes5
- Scotch Bonnets (ata rodo)3
- White Onion1
- Vegetable oil4 Tablespoons
- Saltto taste
- Knoor1 Cubes
- Dried Basil1 Tablespoons
- Sazon seasoning1/2 Tablespoons
Rinse and drain rice then par boil rice (cook for approx 10mins or until nearly soft), drain and set aside.
Chop tomatoes, onions and dice peppers. Set aside.
1. In a pot, heat 4 tbsp of olive oil then add onions and fry for 15 seconds (if you’re using the oil from the fried chicken, remove the chicken from the skillet and drain excess oil, keeping approx 4 tbsp).
2. Add the diced peppers and tomatoes, stir and fry together on low heat for 2 minutes.
3. Add salt (to taste), knoor, basil and sazon seasoning then stir.
4. Turn the par boiled rice into the tomato/pepper/onion fry up and using a spatula or flat spoon, mix well (and gently) to incorporate the peppers and the rice.
done. Cover the pot and continue to cook on very low heat for a 10 minutes (max), before removing from heat and serving.