Spinach Sauce With Boiled Yam And Fried Plantain
Kemlicious spinach sauce,served with squared cut boiled yams and ripe fried plantains.
1. Clean and separate mackerel, mackerel has to be deboned.
2. Wash ponmo(cow skin) thoroughly and cut to tiny pieces.
3. Clean scotch bonnet pepper, chilli pepper and onion, grind all to a coarse paste.
4. Chop and wash spinach (wash thoroughly due to sand) with lukewarm water.
**Separate all ingredients in different bowls.
5. Add in meat/chicken stock to pot, add the grounded pepper and onions. Allow to boil for 4 minutes,
6. Then add a little water, add spices( knorr cubes and to taste) add ponmo, mackerel, assorted meat and let it cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add in the spinach, mix evenly, add palm oil stir in evenly. Let it steam for 2 minutes. To avoid the change in color of vegetable, vegetable must not be cooked for more than 2 minutes. Serve with boiled /fried plantain, boiled/fried yam, rice..e.t.c Thank me later.