- Beans160 Grams
- Yam6 Pieces
- Palm Oil2 Cooking Spoons
- Tomato2 Pieces
- Chilli Pepper3 Pieces
- Onion1 Pieces
- Crayfish1 TablespoonsSkip if you are vegetarian
- Salt and Seasoning Cube
1. Wash, chop and blend the vegetables (tomatoes, peppers and onion). Set aside. Also chop the yams and wash, then set aside.
2. In a pot, add 2 cooking spoons of palm oil, heat up until it is hot, then add the vegetables. Stir and let it simmer for 4 minutes then season with salt, seasoning cube, one quarter teaspoon of curry powder, a teaspoon of chili powder. If you are using crayfish, add a tablespoon of ground crayfish. Stir and leave it to simmer until it is tasty and done.
3. Wash the beans, add water to a pot, enough water (at least 4 cups) and add the beans.Don’t add salt yet.
4. Let it cook until it is almost done but not fully done. If at any point there isn’t enough water in the beans, add more but not too much so the beans won’t be watery. When the beans is almost done, add in the yams. Don’t add salt until the beans is soft. Cook both until they are done. If there is any excess water, drain it. But if you like a little water in your porridge, you can leave it. Nothing watery though.
4. When the beans and yam is done, add the sauce you cooked in step 2 to the beans and yam, mix until that the beans and yam is well combined with the sauce. Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
Your stewed beans and yam porridge is done.
For more beans and yam porridge recipes, check out this recipe in the link down below.