- Chicken Fillet400 GramsBoneless Chicken. If you live in Nigeria, you can get this at any big supermarket
- Honey2 Tablespoons
- Sriracha Hot Sauce2.5 TablespoonsIf you live in Nigeria, you can get this at any big supermarket
- Light Soy Sauce2 Tablespoons
- Chilli Sauce1 TeaspoonsYou can get this at any big supermarket
- Paprika1 TeaspoonsSubstitute with cayenne pepper. You can get this at any big supermarket
- Bell Pepper1/4 PiecesRed And Green
- Chicken Fillet SeasoningI seasoned chicken with 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt And White Pepper
- Couscous1 CupsCooked, To serve
- Vegetable Oil
1. Wash the chicken fillets, season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and white pepper. Chop the bell peppers into large chunks, set bell peppers aside.
2. Add oil to a pan (about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup, nothing deep fried), heat up, add the chicken fillets and fry. Don’t over fry so it doesn’t dry out.
3. While the chicken is frying, in a bowl, add the honey, sriracha hot sauce, chilli sauce, light soy sauce, paprika. Stir and set aside.
4. Drain off most of the oil used to fry the chicken leaving only about a couple of tablespoons left.
5. Add in the sauce mixture from step 3, stir and stir-fry about 2 to 3 minutes, then add in the bell peppers to garnish. Stir fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Done. Your Sweet And Spicy Chicken is ready.
Add 1.5 to 2 cups of water to a pot, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil, bring to a boil, add in the couscous and let it cook for about 2 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Bring it down.
Serve couscous with sweet and spicy chicken. You can also serve the sweet and spicy chicken with rice or pasta or noodles.
You can use any type of "hot sauce" if you don't have sriracha and chilli sauce.
For other "sweet" chicken recipes, check out this Sweet And Sour Chicken recipe.