- PotatoesAbout 12 medium sized potatoes
- Chicken1 Kilograms
- VegetablesCarrots, Cabbage..e.t.c. Chopped
- Stock cubes2-3 CubesMaggi or Knorr Bouillon Cubes, to taste
- SaltA pinchor to taste
- Pepper1 TablespoonsGround Pepper. As desired
- Flour (Optional)A small handfulTo thicken
Step 1: Wash your chicken thoroughly, cut into small pieces and season with stock cubes and ground pepper.
Put the chicken in a pot to boil.
Step 2: While the chicken is cooking, peel the sweet potatoes and cut into small sizes.
When the chicken is half done, add the potatoes.
Step 3: Allow it to cook till the potatoes are ready then add the finely chopped vegetables, some more stock cubes, pepper and salt to taste.
Bring it down immediately to avoid overcooking the vegetables.
Note: If the porridge is watery, you can add flour as a thickening agent or better still mash some of the sweet potatoes in the porridge.
Done. Your sweet potato porridge is ready. Serve and Enjoy.