- TigernutLocally called Ofio
- Dates (Optional)
How to make Tigernut Milk
1. Wash the tigernuts, soak in water overnight. Drain the water after soaking
2.Soak the dates in hot water until they soften. Remove the seeds.
3. Put the tigernuts in a blender, add water (don’t add too much to avoid diluting the taste) and blend until the tigernuts are completely pulverized.
4. Using a clean handkerchief, cheesecloth, muslin or a very fine sieve, squeeze and extract the milk from the blend. After the first set, you can put the blend back into the blender, add some more water, blend and sieve again to extract as much milk as you can.
5. After extracting as much milk as possible, put the milk in blender (cleaned), add your dates and blend until smooth. Don’t add any more water.
6. Sieve one last time using a fine sieve.
Serve immediately or chill in the fridge. It should last for 1 to 2 days, just shake well before drinking.
If you would rather not use dates, just put the tigernuts in a blender, add water, blend and sieve. Do this repeatedly until you get as much milk as you want.
For more tiger nuts recipe, check out this delicious Tigernut, Coconut and Dates Drink.