- Salmon Fillets300 Grams
- Olive Oil5 Tablespoons
- Lemon1/2lemon juice
- Shallot1Finely Diced
- Spring Onions3For garnish
- Plum Tomatoes200 GramsIf preferred, you can use jar of any tomato and basil sauce
- Linguine Pasta200 Grams
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh chilli1 Piecesoptional
- Fresh Basil Leaveshand full, finely sliced
1. Marinade diced salmon with the shallots, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon juice and chillies.
2. Cook pasta as per instructed on the pack. Once cooked, drain pasta then add a little olive oil to pasta then shake so that the pasta does not get stuck together, set aside.
3. Add remaining olive oil to pan, fry the tomatoes with spring onions then add 1/2 the amount of basil to the pan. Season with salt and pepper until fully cooked (you can also used already made jar of tomato and basil sauce or both fresh tomatoes and jar if you like extra sauce)
4. Add marinated salmon to sauce and let cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Mix the salmon and sauce together with the pasta and stir until well mixed.
6. Finally serve and sprinkle the remainder of the basil, spring onion and cheese on the dish.
Given that this is a very quick and easy dish, make sure all the ingredients are ready before cooking.