- Aubergine / Eggplant / Garden Egg2 PiecesMedium sized
- Chilli Pepper4 Pieces
- Onion1Small to medium sized
- FishCleaned, deboned, cooked and taken apart. I used mackerel but you can use any type of fish.
- Palm Oil
- Chilli Powder1/2 Teaspoons
- Knorr Seasoning Cube and Salt
- Curry PowderA little
For The Yam
1. Peel, cut, wash your yams. Put it in a pot, add water, add salt and boil until done.
For The Aubergine (Garden Egg ) Fish Sauce
1. Wash the garden eggs, put it a pot, add water and boil until it is soft.
2. Wait for it to cool a bit , peel off the skin then mash your garden eggs. Set aside.
3. Dry blend your tomato, pepper and onions, set aside.
4. Add some palm oil to a pot, heat up until hot (not bleached!), then add the blended vegetables. Stir and let it cook for about 2 minutes on medium to high heat, then season with seasoning cube / salt to taste, chilli powder, curry powder.
5. Stir and let it simmer for about 7 minutes on medium heat, then add your already cooked, taken apart fish.
6. Stir and let it cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Taste for salt. If not enough, add more.
7. Add your mashed garden eggs, stir and let it simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes maximum.
Done. Serve with the yam or whatever else you want.