- Rice1 CupsAlthough I didn't use long grain rice but preferably long grain
- Turmeric1/2 Teaspoons
- Minced Garlic1/2 Teaspoons
- Grated Ginger1/3 Teaspoons
- Cinnamon1/3 Teaspoons
- RaisinsAny quantity, the more the merrier
- SaltTo taste
- Black Pepper1/3 TeaspoonsTo taste
- Brown Sugar1/2 TablespoonsYou can substitute with regular white sugar
- Vegetable Oil or Butter1 Tablespoons
How to make Yellow Rice
This meal is originally South African.
1. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or butter to a pot, heat up, add the garlic and ginger, saute on high heat for about 1 minute(stir so it doesn’t burn), then lower the heat, add the turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, black pepper. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes. Then add water (or stock) to the pot (about 2 cups or enough to cook the rice).
2. Add the rice, salt to taste, brown sugar and raisins and cook until done
Very easy, no hassle meal.